January 2017;

It's the first second of the month where I live so I'd like to start this post wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I was going to start this post talking about 2016 but suffice to say it was a hard year for a lot of people and I'd rather look towards 2017.

I have some lofty aspirations for my 2017 reading year and I hope to achieve most of my reading goals but if I don't thats okay too. I'm a university student and have other commitments so I'm going to try and keep the challenges I take part in to a minimum so I can focus on completing them. I'm also going to rework my Classics Club list because there are a lot of novels on there from the 1900s that I just dont want to read. I'd rather replace them with older works that I know I'll love. The changes wont be too drastic though.

As you all know I'm hosting the Russian Literature Challenge for 2017 and I'm pleased with the amount of people who will be joining me. Along with that I'll be continuing my Turgenev Project and plan to finish that late this year or early next year. I'm also doing a Clarissa Project. As for challenges I plan to join the Deal Me in Challenge, Back to the Classics, a TBR challenge, a Sherlock Holmes challenge, a Lord of the Rings readalong and a Victorian Reading Challenge. So really I'm not keeping my challenges to a minimum. Oops!

All my lists for each challenge can be found here: xxxx (its a work in progress I'm a little bit slower this year)

As for January I'm currently reading Spring Torrents by Ivan Turgenev (will I ever finish this? stay tuned), Clarissa by Samuel Richardson (for my year long Clarissa Project) and I finished a Sherlock Holmes story last night for another challenge. I also have to draw out my first card for the Deal Me In Challenge. I'm trying not to plan to far ahead because plans change but this month I want to start the Oresteia by Aeschylus, another Russian work, Cicero's Letters and possibly Mansfield Park. Other than that I'm just going to keep my options open.

I hope everyone has a great start of year!


Comments

  1. You're funny! You think you're keeping the challenges to a minimum? LOL! I'd hate to see what a maximum challenge year looks like for you. :-) Hee hee!

    I loved Cicero's Defence Speeches so I can't wait to see what you make of his letters.

    Best of luck with all your challenges and I hope you get more reading time than you expect to in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I join so many because I'm a glass half full type of person. I aim high...and fall. Haha.

      Delete
  2. The United States Open Championship will be the 117th US Open 2017 scheduled to be played June 15–18 at Erin Hills in Erin, Wisconsin, northwest of Milwaukee. This is the first US Open Championship 2017 in Wisconsin, but the state's fifth major championship.

    US Open 2017
    US Open Golf 2017
    2017 US Open Golf
    US Open Golf 2017 Live
    US Open Golf 2017 Live Stream
    US Open Championship
    US Open Championship 2017
    2017 US Open Championship
    US Open Championship 2017 Live
    US Open Championship Live Stream

    The ICC Champions Trophy is the 8th ICC Champions Trophy 2017, a One Day International cricket tournament. It is currently being held in England and Wales between 1 and 18 June 2017. Get the latest ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Live score, schedule, updates.

    ICC Champions Trophy 2017
    2017 ICC Champions Trophy
    ICC Champions Trophy
    Champions Trophy 2017
    ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Live
    ICC Champions Trophy Live Stream

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts